MARSEILLE – A French court ruled on Friday that German certification agency TUV Rheinland compensate thousands of women for its role in approving faulty breast implants produced by manufacturer PIP until its 2010 closure.
The administrative court in the southern French city of Toulon ordered TUV to pay 3,000 euros ($3,200) to each plaintiff in a giant class action case concerning 20,000 victims across 14 countries, a justice official said.
Poly Implant Prothèse (PIP), the French company at the center of the scandal, sold implants globally over almost two decades until investigators discovered it was passing off low-grade industrial silicone as a much pricier medical product.
The counterfeit substance was used in implants given to some 300,000 women. About one-quarter of those subsequently removed were found to have ruptured, regulators said, raising concerns over the long-term health effects of exposure to their contents.
- The PIP Scandal
- The Warnings ....
- Our PIP`s are TOXIC
- P.I.P Implants videos & photos what you don't see.
- Peer Reviewed Pip Literature
- Harley Medical Group aka Thmc aka THMG aka CORRUPT
- Opinions .
- NHS Recommendations VS The Truth.
- Breast Implants debate "10 years & counting
- Petitions., Surveys etc....
- Mas - Heritage The Story
- Court Cases
- Influence of pharmaceutical & Mhra
- MHRA corrupt....Unelected, Unbalanced and Unaccountable....
- Mhr ...........Who??????
- Uk Different to Other Countries Pip
- The So-Called Regulations ...Never Changing over Decades ...